Join us for a la carte touring on your escorted vacation in Portugal-home to many of history's great explorers. With so much to see and do in this beautiful country, it's hard to imagine why anyone would leave to discover the world! From the international flair of Lisbon, to the cobblestone charm of Obidos, to the history of Coimbra, and the wine cellars of Oporto, your Tour Director will point you in the right direction to discover a new world of your own! Your escorted tour of Portugal begins in the capital city of Lisbon. Enjoy three nights in this dramatic seaside city, with lots of free time to dine, explore, and enjoy its nightlife. You can also choose an optional walking tour of the cobblestone streets, or find other excursions on MyCosmos. Travel along the Atlantic coast to stop within the medieval walls of Obidos on your way to lively Coimbra. Your CosmosGO mobile app is full of directions and recommendations for the best eateries and bars. On to the artistic city of Oporto, an artist's haven and colorful ceramic tilework to the city's famed street art and prolific graffiti. The real star of this region, of course, is its Port wine. You can reserve your space on our optional walking tour of Oporto, with lunch and wine-tasting in a local winery. Tap your CosmosGO mobile app for the best eateries and libations with optional guided tours of Portugal's colorful and culinary delights!
Call (440) 967-2000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14358319
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Soak up the Capital Sights Time to dive in and explore this capital city-easy to navigate, both on foot and with public transport. Feel free to get started enjoying Lisbon's highlights. Hop on a ride on Tram number 28, see the Belem Tower, or take the Santa Justa Lift. Simply tap your CosmosGO app for directions and suggestions, or find a relaxing spot to soak up the rich Portuguese culture. Your Tour Director will be available in the early evening to provide suggestions on how make the most of your time throughout your tour.|
|Day 2||Lisbon||Food, Glorious Food Today, we offer the option to join us on a guided walking tour of the city, with insight into life in Lisbon in the past and in the present. If you are passionate about food, you'll want to purchase an evening culinary experience to learn how to prepare some traditional Portuguese delicacies and the fine art of enjoying them in good company. MyCOSMOS makes it easy to secure your reservation for optional activities. (B)|
|Day 3||Lisbon||A Little Night MusicNow that Lisbon has captured your heart, enjoy another full day to discover more! There are countless museums to visit, quaint cafes for lingering, or how about a romantic boat trip on the Tagus river? If you prefer to venture out into the landscapes, we suggest you join our optional excursion to Evora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. At day's end, celebrate with Lisbon's exciting nightlife, including passionate fado music. (B)|
|Day 4||Coimbra||Learning from the LocalsLeaving the capital, we follow the Atlantic coast to stop in charming Obidos, a labyrinth of cobbled streets surrounded by medieval fortress walls. Later, we head to Coimbra, known for its historical university, still attracting students from around the world. This university town makes for lively nightlife, with many bars and restaurants. Go out and join the locals! (B)|
|Day 5||Oporto||A Life of Art-A Love of WineOporto's connection with Port wine is undeniable, but that's just one aspect of this colorful city. Built on the banks of the Douro River, it's been an inspiration for art and culture for centuries; from traditional azulejos to graffiti, you'll see evidence of its artistic history around every corner. We recommend our optional walking tour with a local guide, highlighting the twists, turns, and secrets of this fascinating city, including a sample of its gastronomic delicacies with lunch at a traditional winery. (B)|
|Day 6||Oporto||Creative Arts and the Legend of the CockerelTake advantage of your time in Oporto to explore the city your way. The Tour Director is on hand with suggestions, and your CosmosGO app shows you the way. Unleash your creativity by joining an optional excursion to Barcelo, recently nominated Creative City by UNESCO for crafts and folk art. We'll take you to a fun workshop to make your own souvenir of Portugal and learn about the legend of the cockerel, the country's symbol. (B)|
|Day 7||Oporto||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $210No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in Lisbon:in single room $79-$85, in twin $48-$57, in triple $45-$52Extra nights per person in Oporto:in single room $151, in twin $86, in triple $73between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).