GLOBUS 2019: Gems of Iceland with Whale Watching (ZRS)
6 days from Reykjavik to Reykjavik
Iceland is a country known for its natural wonders: glaciers, active volcanoes, black-sand beaches, geothermal areas, roaring rivers, majestic waterfalls, and beautiful lakes. On this guided tour of Iceland, you will start and end in Reykjavik, and you'll witness these natural wonders while enjoying fun and unique experiences. Globus has also included some out-of-the-ordinary experiences to make your Iceland vacation special. In Thingvellir, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, walk through the rift valley that marks the separation between the North American and European tectonic plates. In Geysir, meet the chef of the restaurant in the geothermal areas, and taste freshly baked bread cooked using the heat from the hot springs. You'll wash it down with a glass of Geysir schnapps. Another unique and unforgettable experience Globus offers is a boat cruise to see whales in their natural habitat. Marvel at the Gullfoss waterfall; drive through the national park at Skaftafell; stop at Lake Jokulsarlon, where some of the most spectacular scenes of the James Bond movie Die Another Day were filmed; and much more!These are just some of the many highlights of this Iceland tour. Be sure to bring your camera so you can capture the stunning scenery and fun experiences on this wonderful vacation.
Call (440) 967-2000 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14357645
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2019
- 6 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Reykjavik||Welcome to Reykjavik! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Reykjavik||This morning's optional excursion to the Blue Lagoon needs to be pre-purchased via our website and is not available locally. April 14-September 22 include [LF] an afternoon excursion by boat to watch whales in their natural habitat. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Kirkjubaejarklaustur||After a drive through cosmopolitan Reykjavik, continue to Thingvellir, a geological paradise. Here, [LF] walk through the rift valley that marks the separation between the North American and European tectonic plates. Next, stop at the hot springs at Geysir for a real treat: meet the chef of the Geysir restaurant in the geothermal areas. [LF] Taste freshly baked bread, which is cooked using the heat from the hot springs, with Icelandic butter, boiled eggs and herring, and a glass of geysir schnapps, served at freezing point. Marvel at [LF] the mighty Gullfoss waterfall. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Kirkjubaejarklaustur||Drive through the national park at Skaftafell and [LF] stop at Lake Jokulsarlon, where some of the most spectacular scenes of the James Bond movie Die Another Day were filmed. Watch how the largest glacier in Europe, Vatnajokull, flows into the lake, forming icebergs. An exciting optional boat trip through the icebergs is available, weather permitting, before returning to your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Reykjavik||Enjoy a spectacular drive along Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls and see the Eyjafjallajokull volcano, well known for the eruption that generated the massive ash cloud in 2010. Arrive in Hellisheioarvirkjun, where you will visit the geothermal heat and electric POWER STATION. Return to Reykjavik and tonight, a farewell dinner has been prepared at one of the city's fine restaurants to celebrate the success of your Icelandic journey. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Reykjavik||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $640-$970No triple room reduction. Extra nights per person in Reykjavik:in single room $318-$542, in twin $206-$321,
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).